Sunday, April 9, 2017

DYI Faux Chocolate Bunnies


 I found such a cute and easy idea today that I just felt compelled to share it with you.  Now I wish I could say that I had thought of this on my own but I must give credit to the very creative woman who shared these photos of her creation.  


Photo by Violet Lively
Violet Lively, Owner of Ranch Bar-B Rustics, LLC in Delores, Colorado shared this amazing Easter decorating idea on Facebook today and I just have to give it a try. Violet writes, "Easy DYI faux chocolate bunnies!  Dollar store Easter decor or thrift store finds and brown gloss spray paint!"  Don't they look amazing?  
Photo by Violet Lively





















I'm sending Brad out here pretty soon to buy me a can of gloss brown spray paint so I can give this giant bunny a yummy looking coat.  I bought this bunny at Ross last month to add to my spring display but giving him into faux chocolate exterior will surely get the attention of my grandchildren!

I can see him now in a large basket surrounded by fake carrots.   I really am not a fan of shopping but I did look for carrots at Michaels this week but only found fake fruit.  So since I haven't found faux carrots, I guess I will just have to make my own this week out of paper mache.  Getting a little messy will hopefully prove to be more fun anyway.

Give me a couple days and I will hopefully be able to show you my beautiful creations as I endeavor to "Embrace My Creative Side".  I would love to hear from you if you try this idea for your self.  Send me your pictures and I will share them on my Facebook Page.


No comments:

Post a Comment