Monday, January 16, 2017

Team Townsend Shining Bright in 2017

Organic Apple Orchard- Elgin, Nevada
Team Townsend is a creative lot.  With each of us there is a definite creative bent that is both diverse and obvious. I am very blessed and thankful for this creativity in our lives.  I love my grown children and am so proud of the adults they have become.  I can't wait to see the talents that my growing number of grandchildren will develop.


Now, as for myself,  I'm an artist in the drawing, painting sense.  I have always loved to create art but denied that part of my being for almost 30 years.  I had pushed it so far down inside of me with busyness and responsibilities that I had almost forgotten how to create but with discipline and resolve I have resurrected that joy in my life and have a studio full of artwork, hang in multiple galleries and am just starting to enjoy small steady sales.  You can check out my website at JulieTownsendStudio.com.  I'm also have Ebay and Etsy stores that feature my work along with Instagram.

Butterfly on Orange Bells - my backyard
Wild Stallion- Near Goldfield, Nevada
My husband and I really don't know that much about photography and we own a camera that is pretty near the bottom of the camera ladder.  It's a  Canon Rebel EOS T2i,  but I can say that we have a lot of fun pretending to know what we are doing.  We even invested in a pretty good zoom lens (a Sigma 150-600mm)  Now when we hook that bad boy up to our camera body I'm pretty sure that to the casual observer we look like we might just know what we are doing.

We do occasional luck out and take some shots that I think are very worthy of being considered art and these three photos I have just recently added to my Ebay store to see just how they do there.

Let me introduce you to some other members of "Team Townsend".  Our oldest son Jared has his PhD in Molecular Biology so he is a classic brainiac, but he is also an excellent writer and can hold his own in the art department.  I have seen some of his sketches, and they are impressive.  He just hasn't decided that he has the time to really develop that in his life I guess.

Our youngest son, Jon is very artistic, a talented welder and is extremely mechanical.  Just like his dad he can tear apart nearly anything with confidence and just has an uncanny ability to understand how it works.  I will be sharing more of their creative contributions hopefully in the near future here on this blog.

But today it is our 2nd son, Jason that I am focusing on. God has blessed this boy with some real artistic talent.  First, he is musically talented and can play a number of instruments and all by ear.  I'm always in amazement when I hear him play the piano or his guitar. Where did that come from?  None of us even realized his abilities until he was high school.  Of course growing up I could never get him to sit still for more than 2 minutes at a time.

Secondly, he is a very talented photographer.  He is what you would call a true professional.  He has studied his craft and produces amazing shots.  His main focus is on portraits and weddings but he sure takes some great photos of my two adorable grandchildren. He gets a great deal of practice on those action shots keeping up with those two boys.  Check out his website at Jason Townsend Photography

Here are just a few of my favorite photos that he has recently taken:




I know this is my grandsons but this composition is SO MUCH MORE than just another family photo.  There is a strong emotion, innocence and stirring of childhood memories that will impact many.  If this doesn't say "Merry Christmas" I don't know what does.




This photo was taken just in the past week after the Albany Georgia area was affected by a strong storm cell which included a tornado touch down.  My son helped his neighbors with clean up efforts but had time to snap this very powerful picture.









What can I say about this amazing photo except, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:  Matthew 7:7 (KJV)












The world is full of endless possibilities when you are just a child.  These two look as if they are looking to a bright future.  Lord Bless the United States of America and make her strong again.  Heal and revive us so that once again our children and grandchildren have a bright future to grow up in. That is the prayer of my heart.  Amen!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment