Saturday, January 21, 2017

Scraps of RED & PINK Fun all Over the Kitchen Table


Last night I got a chance to EMBRACE MY CREATIVE SIDE and put together a couple of Valentine Cards using my own design that I sketched out this week.  I've never been a "Crafty" person or a "Card" giving or receiving kind of person, but I do LOVE making my own cards.  I've seen some really elaborate homemade cards and mind don't really rise to that level yet, I still have fun making them.

I use the package of blank white cards and envelopes that are 5 x 6.5 inches.  The package contains 50 cards and envelopes and can be bought at both Michaels or Hobby Lobby for $9.99.  Yesterday, I was so happy to find them on 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  I stocked up my studio supply.

I also spotted the cutest little metal ant decoration that has a bobble head and giant buggy eyes.  I couldn't resist adding him as a permanent resident in my entryway candy dish.  He is so grandchild friendly this little guy makes a  perfect addition to my Valentine Decorations this year.

So today I'm planning studio time to work on finishing up a number of cards so that I can take them with my next week to add to my gallery inventory at Boulder City Art Gallery and at City of the World Gallery in Las Vegas.  I have one more design I'm hoping to complete and add to my card selection this weekend that features a cute little bee.  Like my Studio Facebook Page if you want to keep up with my latest artwork. JULIE TOWNSEND STUDIO FACEBOOK PAGE






Making these cards turned out to be so much fun and so I decided that I would use Valentine Cards as a good next art project to do with my preschool grandchildren.  I found a cute Valentine Craft  kit with 12 ladybugs while shopping at Hobby Lobby and so I decided that I could handle a 2 and 4 year old with a glue stick.  I let them put together one ladybug each and attach it to my blank greeting card stock.  I cut out a background piece from a sheet of red and white polka dot card stock that I had on hand and a package of valentine stamps made up all the supplies I needed.  I did any cutting that was necessary and the rest was just guidance.  They turned out really cute and my tiny granddaughter was so pleased to be included this time in "DOING ART" with grandma.




With Grandpas help, I let these two little darlings make 2 cards each.  After all the pieces were attached they both could stamp as many ink Kissy Lips and Hearts as they wanted on their card to decorate them even more.  I think by looking at the smiling faces of these two love bugs you can see that this Grandma activity was a success BIG hit!


DISCLAIMER:
(No ladybugs were actually harmed in the execution of this art project)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment