Monday, December 19, 2016

Shake Off Those Cobwebs



For some of us that is easier said then done. Some days it seems there maybe no light at the end of this tunnel. I do know one thing, in my case I had better bring out the heavy duty industrial grade respirator and grab the full hazmat gear because those cobwebs have become tightly wound and are deeply entrenched in my being, making the creative process a difficult challenge for me.  I chalk it up to the almost 30 years of working a stressful accounting job full of doldrums, boring repetition and mental exhaustion.  This kind of work has pushed the creative brain function far into the dark corners of my mind until I have all but forgotten it even existed in the first place.

If you can relate, I have GOOD NEWS!  Just like starting an exercise program is slow going at first, the progress in your creative muscle is the same. With discipline and continued use, the creativeness that was there in your youth can once again be a part of your daily life.

I believe you just have to jump in all the way.  It is important for your health and well being to allow creativeness to have full reign in your life.  Creating relieves stress, brings balance to a cluttered mind, lifts your spirits, and enhances those relationships that are so important to us.  Our Heavenly Father has made us each creative in our own way and by letting that creativity flow can be a true avenue of worship.

Now I have always been artistic but never thought of myself to be very creative and I think there is a difference.  I might be able to grab a paint brush or a pencil and create a piece of art but when it comes to decorating my home or coming up with fun craft projects for my grandchildren, frankly, I stink!  

The purpose of me writing this blog is to help keep me focused  by documenting my creative process as I work out the best "Exercise" program for myself and any other creative weakling out there that want to join with me.  My house if far from a showcase for a home magazine spread.  I've never been that great at dealing with the clutter or the dust.

I'm hoping in the future to enlist the help of my adorable grandchildren, my amazing son's, daughter and beautiful daughter-in-laws in this journey.  Kind of a "TEAM TOWNSEND" effort if you would.  I welcome you to follow along with me on this journey that will be full of laughter, sweat and I'm sure a few tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment